Test of English Proficiency (TOEP) measures the test taker’s English proficiency indicated by a test score ranging from 0 (non-user of English) to 100 (highly-proficient user of English). It is an online test taken using multimedia computers. The test accurately predicts the English proficiency level in the receptive language modes: the listening comprehension skills and reading comprehension skills.
The listening subtest, consisting of 50 items, measures the ability to recognize short utterances, select appropriate responses, get involved in exchanges or conversations, and understand monologues or speeches.
The reading subtest, which also consists of 50 items, asks the test takers to demonstrate their ability in understanding English texts of various topics and genres through several basic skills of reading comprehension.
What is Special about TOEP?
1. It is modern and efficient: a computer-based online test with real-time score reporting.
2. It is comprehensive but simple: covering any topics mostly related to academic traits but taken within less than 2 hours to complete.
3. It is huge: available in numerous parallel sets which have undergone a thorough validation procedure using the modern item response theory.
4. It is accurate and predictive: predicting a test taker’s score range and also his/her possible score of other standardized English proficiency tests, such as TOEFL or IELTS.
5. It is well-reputed: during its five-year of service, it has been taken by over 100,000 test takers to demonstrate their English proficiency for various academic purposes: professional certification of university lecturers, staff recruitment, university entrance exams, personal evaluation, and institution staff reports.
6. It is reliable: the test battery has been developed by a board of professional experts in English learning and assessment, tried-out to a large number of people, and cross-validated by experts in language and psychometric assessment.
7. It is economical: the test is offered in an affordable test fee.